By Chris Kwok
Country : Canada
Category : ‘Fresh Flavours’ of Futropolis
Number of portions : 10
- Chocolate Bergamot Cremeux
- Sea Buckthorn Berry Jelly & Gel
- Shortbread Crumble
- Crumble Crust
- Cocoa Nibs Microwave Sponge
- Ghana Chocolate Sauce
- Montage / Assembly
35% cream 150g
Bergamot puree 50g
Haiti 65% dark chocolate 180g
1. Boil cream, milk and puree with some sugar.
2. Mix yolk with left over sugar.
3. Temper yolk mixture with cream mixture then cook until 85C.
4. Melt the chocolate by crème anglaise.
5. Emulsion by hand mixer Cool it down in fridge
Sea buckthorn berry juice 172g
NH pectin 4g
1. Dice a mango into mini dices, portion it into 11 half sphere slicone mould, set aside.
2. Combine sugar & pectin.
3. Boil puree, whisk in the pectin mixture, cook until boíl again.
4. Pour the mixture into half sphere slicone mould.
5. Rest of mixture pour it into container
6. Let both set in fridge. Puree the jelly that in the container until gel consistency.
Short bread crumble 138g
Puff rice 8g
Hazelnut almond praline 18g
Blanc satine chocolate 36g
Cocoa butter 15g
1. Chocolate melt with cocoa butter, mix with praliné.
2. Combine all dry in the bowl, mix it with chocolate mixture
3. Portion it 17g in each mould , then form a shell.
4. Let it set in fridge
Canola oil 110g
Egg white 105g
Egg yolk 18g
Pastry flour 105g
Roasted cocoa nibs 50g
Extra cocoa nibs for sprinkle
1. Prepare 11 expresso cup with 3 hole at the bottom. Set aside
2. Blend all ingredient by vitamix, then strain it.
3. Pour the mixture in 1 liter size ISI gun with 3 cream charge. Rest in fridge overnight.
4. Fill 17g sponge mixture in expresso cup, sprinkle cocoa nibs and mix.
5. Cook the sponge 20 second with full power by microwave.
Unmold the sponge when it cool down.
Ghana milk chocolate 100g
35% cream 100g
1. Heat up cream and salt.
2. Mix the chocolate and cream until combine.
- Fill the cremeux in the crust.
- Place the Jelly in the center of the cremeux.
- Place chocolate ring decoration on top of the crust.
- Place sponge on the ring.
- Place a edible film in the center of the sponge & fill with chocolate sauce.
- Place chocolate grid disc on the sponge
- Pipe the gel, place chocolate branch decoration and wild bergamot cress on the grid disc